Advanced Welfare Foundation (AWF)
A Foundation for Social Welfare and Education
Advanced Welfare Foundation is the name of philanthropy .It was established in 1998 with the eagerness of a philanthropist named Professor Gazi Md. Abdus Salam. He is the founder of this foundation. He thought and started it with the benediction of his heavenly grand-parents. Including him, they are six brothers and sisters. AWF is the successful fruit of their steady struggle. Its motto is “the coordination between man and education to build technology based welfare society”.
Individually professor Salam sees a imaginative world, where human being will be engaged with technical education. Became he believes that without education man can not go to the civilization. Only civilization can separate man from animal. From the gradual development of the civilization education plays a vital role. First we know the transaction of speech, then invention of writing then the printing press at all. All the things are invented to inform and learn people about themselves and others. But learning is not only process, education makes your learning realistic. Now a days, in the town or city life is in advance with the race of modernization. But in the villages or sub-urbans are not equal to the town .They are not well advanced.
In this condition, Professor Salam thinks that a nation cannot move forward leaving behind a huge population uneducated. In Bangladesh it is very much critical. He contemplates that he will take a step to come forward to enhance the traditional educational system with the term of technology to the people especially the backwards. He thinks it would be a global glow of technical learning. For this great and meaningful view of Professor Salam, he established this Foundation. It’s a Foundation of welfare which is engaged with many prominent educationists, dedicated personalities and their different philanthropic sentiments onward.
By this Foundation, we are able to develop the human resources in country and abroad, to ensure the medical facilities to work over the orphans, poor and deprived men and to build a developed society. AWF is created under the registration certificate of incorporation c-532(45)/02 of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. After the establishment, it moves towards with successfulness in cause of its some person’s financial support, sacrifice, integrity and virtue. I can not but say some important names here that prominent National Professor Dr.M R Khan, Professor Dr. M Kaykobad, Prof. Dr. Golam Rahman, Prof. Aminul Islam, Prof. Dr. Samsher Ali etc. At present, the foundation is operating 28 multi dimensional institutions and organizations.
- Central University of Science & Technology (CUST),Bangladesh
- Institute of Science, Trade & Technology (ISTT), Dhaka
- Dhaka Medical Institute (DMI), Dhaka
- Advanced Medical Institute (AMI), Dhaka
- Advanced Medical Assistant Training School, Dhaka
- Bangladesh Institute of Technology (BIT), Dhaka
- Bangladesh Institute of Linguistic Technology (BILTech), Dhaka
- Dhaka Institute of Agricultural Science & Technology (DIAST), Dhaka
- CUST-Institute of Entrepreneurship Development & Research (CUST-IEDR), Dhaka
- Center for Education Development & Reaserch (CEDR), Dhaka
- Shahana Kochi Institute of Medical Technology, Nettrokona
- Khanjahan Ali College of Science & Technology (KCST), Khulna
- Khanjahan Ali Krishi College, Khulna
- Khulna Medical Institute (KMI), Khulna
- International Centre for Technical,Vocational Training & Research (ICTVTR), Khulna
- New Sundarban Institute of Engineering & Technology (SIET), Koyra, Khulna
- New Sundarban Institute of Agricultural Science & Technology (SIAST), Koyra, Khulna
- Broadcasting Authority for Sundarban Integrated Areas of Bangladesh, (RADIO SUNDARBAN), Koyra, Khulna
- Khanjahan Ali Polytechnic Institute, Bagerhat
- Khanjahan Ali Medical Institute, Bagerhat
- Khan Bahadur Ahsanullah Medical Institute, Satkhira
- Khan Bahadur Ahsanullah Polytechnic Institute, Satkhira
- Kustia Medical Institute, Kustia
- ALO Medical Assistat Training School (ALO-MATS), Kushtia
For more: www.awfbd.org